Turning the Corner

|
One of the most valuable things I've learned--in no small part thanks to endurance sports--is that life is cyclical. Highs are followed by lows and vice versa. The highs don't last nearly as long as you'd like and the lows seem to last longer. With that said, a small dose of optimism goes a long way. Simply remembering this can be pretty powerful.

I had a rough day at work, but I had a good race. Placed 6th in our little local training race. The little local training race usually has quite a few real strong guys and tonight was no exception. My legs turned the corner for the first time in a few weeks. I felt close to wide open, and I learned more tactics to stock away for a rainy day. It's awesome to be able to race with such experienced guys. I had way too much fun on a bicycle, and I got a little help towards finding some peace with a lot of decision making.

Really excited to get a couple more days of structured training in before NVGP. I started getting some workouts written for me a couple weeks ago, and it's been very re-assuring to finally have some direction in my training. I had been trying to translate my memories from running into cycling workouts, and apparently I was missing the mark. I know it won't be overnight, but it's exciting to hear about areas for improvement! Now I just need to get all the details figured out for my trip to Minnesota--should be a blast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment