A Crazy Fall

|
I haven't felt like I've had too much to report on in a given day, but now that months have gone by, it seems like I have a long story to tell. I'll do a few blog entries in a row to bring ya'll up to speed.

It looks like my last post was when I still had a full time job. I've since begun the cycling bum life. I moved back to Seattle in August after a decent showing at the Cascade Classic. I was running on fumes, but pulled out a good day or two. I shut things down after that and drove across the country. I drove from Washington D.C. to Denver straight--28 hours or so of driving. It was a good chance to get a little weird. I then did more standard 10-12 hour driving days with a stop in Twin Bridges, MT to visit my buddy Joe Willauer. He is a fishing guide and good friend out of Twin Bridges. It was a great opportunity to enjoy trout fishing and have a great time with a great friend.


I arrived in Seattle just before Seafair and was met by my good friend Seth Berling of Pebble Pedalers fame. We had a good weekend at Seattle's premier Summer celebration. This marked the end of my ~2 weeks off the bike. I then began to hit it again with a trip to Sun valley, ID for some riding in the mountains with my father.

By the end of August, I had settled into a routine in Seattle: ride mid-day and fish a couple of my favorite steelhead runs on the Skykomish during the early evening magic hour. I also made my first trip to the summer/fall steelhead paradise that is the Deschutes River in Oregon.


That wraps up the first phase after leaving my job. The next phase involves a girlfriend, more fishing, amazing rides in amazing places, and investigating a southerly move. A lot more pictures for more recent phases!

0 comments:

Post a Comment